Sunday, February 10, 2013

stupid-tine's day

WHY VALENTINE'S DAY IS THE SINGLE MOST HORRIBLE DAY OF THE ENTIRE YEAR
Not just because this is true.

This distain for valentine's (doesn't get a capital "v" because I don't respect it as a holiday) day stems back from my years as a small child in elementary school...

In first grade, I had a crush on Brandon Kennedy. First boy I ever liked in grade school, and all I wanted was to give him my valentine and get his in return. I gave him mine. He gave his to one of my best friends: Tianna Farley.

Then, third grade. I loved Elliott Salazar (I hope you're not reading this...) and again, I gave him my valentine in hopes to get his in return. But alas, he gave his valentine and a ring to Tianna. But she thought he was gross, so she gave me his ring, which he in turn raided my desk for because I couldn't have it, because he thought I was yucky.

(I have other valentine's day date stories that also attribute to this, but I feel inclined not to share them at this time...so I'm not just always alone and that's why I hate it.)

I vowed that fateful day in third grade to hate valentine's day forever and for always. So I won't be celebrating it this Thursday, or any other 14th of February.

And yes, I do realize the title of this blog sounds like a 5 year old made it up. I'm very mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment