Tuesday, April 9, 2013

bst d8 evr!

LESSON 21: TEXTING ON DATES

In this age of advanced technology, where you have the world in your hand, it's easy to become consumed in phones, tablets, Macbooks, etc. But there's a time and place for everything. Dates are a time for personal interaction and communication--a time that I feel is increasingly diminishing in society. A time to get to know someone, real, right in front of you. So leave your phone alone. If I take my phone around with me on a date (usually I leave it in the car) I won't check/answer it. Texting someone else on your date is the rudest gesture, and easiest sign to show disinterest. Nothing says "your personality and time unimportant to me" quite like texting someone else on your date.

Of course, if you don't want your date to text while out with you, you need to be engaging. Ask her questions, laugh at his jokes, genuinely show interest in the person you are with. Both of you are there by choice. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment