Sunday, March 24, 2013

everybody, everybody wants to love

"I want you to levitate; I want you to sing with rapture and dance like a dervish. Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. I say, fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy and who will love you the same way back. How do you find him? Well, you forget your head and you listen to your heart... Cause the truth is, honey, there's no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, well, you haven't lived a life at all. But you have to try, cause if you haven't tried, you haven't lived." - - Meet Joe Black

Everything I feel about love comes from this quote. Meet Joe Black is one of my most favorite movies--and for those of you who have seen it, I know, it's incredibly long and slow moving, but it's so full of passion, love, what life should be. It's really wonderful. And any time I think about falling in love, it all comes back to that quote. Loving with your entire being, holding nothing back. To love with passion and excitement, no reservations. Just two people, being who they are, loving and being loved for that completely.

And I don't know where this is coming from. Maybe it's just that life is really wonderful right now, despite some struggles, and I just can't stop laughing or smiling, and for some reason that just makes me want to be in love! I have great jobs that make me incredibly happy to work, I've got friends, family, and roommates that I adore, and I have a knowledge of the gospel and a relationship with my Savior.

Most of all, I've just been looking at life, asking the question: does it really matter? In the eternal perspective of things, will this matter?

I've focused a lot of time and energy on problems beyond my control, and I've finally let them all go. With this new sense of freedom, I just want to live and love, and experience life. There are so many wonderful beautiful things in this world, and I want to enjoy them all, to have eyes wide open and a heart to treasure it all in.

Perhaps this is all a little crazy and hard to follow, so in short, I just want to say: LOVE LIFE! AND LOVE LOVE! It's my new found resolve to embody all the passion and thrill this world has to offer in this short time we all have to live in it.

And although I am talking about the kind of love between two people, I also mean in general. Love for friends, work, school, (which I don't go to) etc. I think too often many people only let themselves feel half-heartedly. Myself included at times. But I also think that we aren't meant to live like that. Every moment is precious, every person is precious, why don't we all just open ourselves entirely and let it all in, while giving our whole hearts away in return? Don't let the world make you afraid, don't let it make you cold. If you emit life and warmth and energy, people are going to come from miles around to catch a glimpse.

So smile wider, laugh often, and love with everything you have. Because that's what makes life grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment